The Hanno R. Ellenbogen Citizenship Award 2018 will be held under the Patronage of the Czech National Bank (Senovážné náměstí 30, 110 00 Prague) on August 30, 2018. The event is jointly hosted by the Prague Society and the Global Panel Foundation.
The recipients of the HRE Award 2018 will be the Santa Marta Group and its President, His Eminence Vincent Cardinal Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster and President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales.
Special awards will be given to Canadian investigative journalist Tom Nicholson, and in memoriam, to Slovak investigative journalist Ján Kuciak and Martina Kušnírová, who were murdered to silence them over an ongoing corruption investigation. The parents of both will accept the Award on their behalf.
For more information on the recipients please see this page.
Confirmed guests include:
- Dr. Karel Janeček, philanthropist and businessman
- Hon. Petr Nečas, former Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Gen. Petr Pavel, former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- Hon. Cyril Svoboda, Adviser to the Czech Prime Minister, former Foreign Minister of the Czech Republic
- Erik Tabery, Editor-in-Chief, Respekt
- Gov. Zdeněk Tůma, former Governor of the Czech National Bank, Previous Recipient
- Hon. Charles Adams, US Ambassador to Finland (2014-2017)
- Gen. Wesley Clark, former Supreme Allied Commander of Nato (SACEUR), former US presidential candidate, Previous Recipient
- Hon. Philip J. Crowley, former US Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs
- Hon. Akio Egawa, former Senior Deputy Director, Directorate-General for Economic and Fiscal Management, former Ambassador of Japan to Slovakia
- Hon. Rastislav Kačer, Slovak Ambassador to Hungary, former Deputy Defence Minister, former Slovak Ambassador to the US, Honorary President of GLOBSEC
- Hon. Mustafa Kamal Kazi, former Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador to Russia, Pakistan
- MGen. Bruce Lawlor, former Chief of Staff, US Department of Homeland Security
- LTG Pavel Macko, former Deputy Chief of Staff of the Armed Forced of Slovakia
- Hon. Dan Maffei, Professor of Practice at the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management, former Federal Maritime Commissioner, former Member of the US Congress
- Hon. Mark Pritchard, OSCE Special Representative for South East Europe, Leader of the UK delegation to OSCE,UK Prime Minister’s Trade & Investment Envoy to Georgia and Armenia, Former Member of the UK National Security Strategy Committee
- Hon. Ryszard Schnepf, former Polish Deputy Foreign Minister, former Polish Ambassador to the US
- Hon. James Woolsey, former US Director of Central Intelligence
Thursday August 30, 2018
Czech National Bank (Senovážné náměstí 30, 110 00 Prague)
- 13:00-13:30: Press Talk
- 13:45-15:15: Panel 1: Quest for a Better Life – Human Security and Countering Human Trafficking & Economic Aspects of Modern Slavery
- 15:15 -15:30: Coffee Break
- 15:30-17:00: Panel 2: Dangers to Democracy and Global Security: Fake News, Propaganda, Corruption and Organised Crime – How Leaders and Journalists can Tackle Them
- 17:00 -18:30: Break
- 18:30: Award Ceremony
If you have any questions about the event, would like to confirm your attendance to the ceremony or have a media inquiry please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, +420 224 412 355 (phone) or +420 731 597 088 (mobile).